Sunday, June 21, 2009

Perfect Calm

"The Perfect Calm" was the title of the sermon I delivered this morning. It was based on Mark 4:35-41, in which Jesus stops the sea from raging. If there is enough interest, I will figure out a way to post the text of the messages. Might have to save them as pdf's or something like that. I'm thankful so many brothers and sisters were there to worship to early in the morning.

I was thrilled this afternoon by the result in USA's football match with Egypt in the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup. It's part of the build up to the World Cup in South Africa next Summer. With some skilful play, winning 3-0, and help from Brazil, USA advanced to the semi-finals where they'll play Spain. Spain are the best side in the world right now. This will be a good workout for the Americans. Clint Dempsey and Jozy Altidore have come on strong in this tournament. I will have to DV-R the match on Wednesday. USA! USA!

Music news: Friday's rehearsal was cool. Our guest vocalist was there to work on parts for our duet. I think you'll like our take on Sam & Dave. I also found out that the full-size Bumble Bee from Transformers is gonna rock out next to the stage. Oughta be worth a few photos. And Corey Feldman, my bill mate, is bringing a carbon-foot-print eliminating generator to power the stage for our show. Very thoughtful, Corey.

Gotta run to the bookstore and then get the Missus from the airport.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment