Monday, June 15, 2009

A Second Premiere

Here it is! My new blog going all the way live. Cleverly titled "Norman's Rockwell 2." Thanks to my web service migrating without any foreknowledge, I am unable to continue the original Rockwell until further notice. The day my ability to post blogs coincided with the day my service changed. Strange... and very frustrating. Perhaps someone out there can offer some advice on how to get my FTP to work properly.

It's been a busy four months since my last successful post. Mainly, I've been preparing to be the opening act for the 2009 Celebrity Summer Concerts series at Universal CityWalk, Saturday June 27 at 8 PM. The show is free and open to all ages. Hopefully we'll have great weather and a lot of fun. The stage is in front of the Cinemas & Hard Rock Cafe. You can't miss it.

Rehearsals have been progressing. The band is honing the material and working with producer Adam Marsland, who'll join us on keyboards to add all of the embellishments from the album. The set list will focus on A Talent For Loving, but there will be a few surprises thrown in for good measure. We have learned a new cover, unearthed a Bat Country oldie and have invited another friend to duet with me on an R&B classic that has been part of my set already.

Thank you for coming back to read my new online journal. More to come. You'll find a few "lost posts" from this Spring.

Peace & Harmony

1 comment: